Sign in to follow this  
Slug80

tie rod ends

Hey lads,

I know its probably been covered 1million times but here goes :D

I am doing a 5 stud conversion and have s14 lcas with s13 knuckle & hubs.

Im looking into tie rods and ends and want to know if i should be purchasing s14 (due to wider track?) or s13 items.

Cheers

S14. It's dependant on the LCA length. S14 are 14mm thread so you'll need new ends, or you can go S15 tie rods which same length as S14 but are 12mm, same as S13 so your existing ends will suit.

Edited by Skidder

On the 180 I used s13 tie rods and ends initially, they had 15-25mm of thread with s15 LCAs, although shortly after went to a s15 rack. Might be a good opportunity to get s14 tie rods and ends that minimise bump steer if your car is lowered at all.

I currently have tien tie rods, so if im using the s13 knuckle i will need a 12mm end correct? ... hmm wonder if an OEM s15 tie rod end would fit on the tein rod.

My main worry is not having enough thread for the ends, although when i purchased the rods it stated they could be compatible with 13/14/15

Edited by Slug80

if you have tein tie rods and ends will be fine

FYI they iuse the thick thread (14mm?) 2mm biigger than s13/15, as 14 got chunky ones for some reason

but heaps of people rock the s14/5 lca with stock tie rods as its only a few mm longer

Thanks for the info man, i had previously bought the tein tie rod but not the ends.

So basically to use the tein tie rods i need to find a M14x1.25 tie rod end to fit s13 (12mm) knuckle.. ;)

On my 180sx I have 25mm extended LCA's and modded knuckles and use Maxima A32 inner rods (RE1050) and Skyline outer tie rods (TE-926-14)