Sign in to follow this  
Saif Haroon

SR20DE S15 Engine playing up with hot weather

So I own an s15 silvia varietta, and during the hot weather spell in Melbourne (30~ celcius), was taking my car out for a spin and the car wasn't starting.. finally got it to start, then when i stopped at the traffic lights, the engine cut out randomly and it took a while for me to start the car again. This same problem also happened the day after (hot day again).

Prior to this i've never had any problems with the car, been driving it now that the weathers cooled down and it runs 100%.

Anyone know what the problem could be??

also the car completely cut out, as in the power steering and everything, battery is fine, always filled with BP 98 octane... had half a tank at the time

We need more information. What actually worked and what didn't when you had the problem, as in power, interior lights, starter motor, etc. If you have an electrical contact issue, then thermal expansion could break connectivity.

As a starting point, remove ALL of your blade and box fuses and thoroughly inspect them for damage or cracks. I had an issue with the metal loop in the main 70A box fuse in my car being cracked down the middle, making the car work at random.