It's time to say THANKS! Are you a devoted NS/HT Member? If so click here for something special

Evo V WRX 

12 replies to this topic

#1 SR20NA

• Car:GSXR 750

Posted 19 November 2010 - 07:46 AM

Ok, leaving the RWD cars, and diving into AWD, but now i have run into the drama of which one.

I am aware im asking on an Evo forum, hence bringing pro-evo comments. but i wanna hear why?.

Why did you ( should i ) buy an evo over a wrx. or if your not happy and wish you bought somthing else, state why.

and which evo you have.

Cheers.

#2 -QIK 51L-

• Car:S15 Silvia

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:05 AM

You cannot compare an Evo to an WRX, WRX will lose everytime...

unless you compare an EVA with an WRX STI, thats when the topics gets interesting.

#3 NewyJosh

• Car:Evo 8

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:20 AM

View Post-QIK 51L-, on 19 November 2010 - 08:05 AM, said:

You cannot compare an Evo to an WRX, WRX will lose everytime...

unless you compare an EVA with an WRX STI, thats when the topics gets interesting.
I agree with this statement.. I recently sold my built s15 with 290rwkw and purchased a lightly modded evo 8 and it shits on my s15 any day of the week.. i now have uped the anti and done more mods and all i can say is this is definatly a drivers car and wouldnt swap it for anything..
Ive driven a mate bugeye wrx and it just felt slow to me and i wasnt impressed at all.

Evo over WRX anyday of the week.

#4 JDM EVO

• Car:Evolution VI GSR

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:25 AM

You wouldn't compare a normal WRX to an EVO as the latter will walk all over it. You'd need to be looking at an STI if you're expecting to get close to the Evo's overall performance.

It'll really depend on what year/model of STI/Evo you're after as well. STI's always have had a tendency to understeer while the Evo is generally more poised and neutral in handling... and the gearboxes on the Subarus are known to shatter like glass under serious load. I have found that Evos are 'properly' engineered and their engines are bullet proof. There are also many going around running 300wkw's on a stock block that are driven hard and are still very reliable.

What sort of money do you have, what model are you looking at more specifically and what do you plan to do with the car? With Evo's, it generally not what is better (although they are all fantastic in their own right), it really boils down to which model you prefer. I could have purchased an Evo IX or X but I opted for the VI because that is what I have always wanted.

Frankly, many people I know have 'upgraded' from an STI to an Evo... check out all the Best Motoring comparisons between the two... you'll soon find that in most comparisons, the Evo will come out on top.

#5 TougeR34

• Car:R34 GTT

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:33 AM

i love the VI, but the interior kills it for me :(

or if your going to mod the f**k outta if, forget the weak parts if ur going to replace them anyway.. eg straight cut gears for the soobie. u know it will break, swap +sell the box before u break it.

#6 JDM EVO

• Car:Evolution VI GSR

Posted 19 November 2010 - 08:35 AM

View PostTougeR34, on 19 November 2010 - 08:33 AM, said:

i love the VI, but the interior kills it for me :(

True, but that's not the reason you buy one in the first place! TBH, that's probably one of it's only faults...

#7 Agresr_SA

• Car:Evo 9........

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:13 AM

i can say s15 was more fun than evo!!! being rwd and all......

get an evo...i had both sti and evo and i have to say sti had better speedo dash...lol
thats ab it.

evo has better package overall.....

i was looking at evo 8mr or 9.....decided with 9 only cos it has MIVEC.....1and better seats(not as buckty as 8 tho but i like 9 seats....leather n sweade....) evo 10 was too lancer ish.....

it now puts out 300kw only with poncams and rest of engine is stock. that says a lot of these evo engines. also gearbox is stock too.....

go buy evo
unless u wana be like other ppl n buy sti n complain how shit it is.

#8 SR20NA

• Car:GSXR 750

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:26 AM

Thanks for the feed back guys. Honestly I want an evo, and then within is stuck as to which model, leaning toward an 8mr. Money isn't an issue, I'm after drivabillity, reliabillity and power. Was just after some other people's opinions to the matter because other wise I would have gotten "just get the one you really want " a apposed to facts

#9 maiky-s15R

• Car:99 s15 SPEC R

Posted 19 November 2010 - 10:47 AM

I would go evo over any wrx ..... Then again if u say a sti??? Then I'll say a mr version evo ..... The last 3 wrx shapes have killed it for me and the most recent the worst looking like a Hyundai I don't care how big the bonnet scoop is

#10 headlock

• Car:Evolution IX

Posted 19 November 2010 - 03:23 PM

forget wrx

comparison is sti v evo

the 2.5 in the sti is apparently fragile, and they dont handle as well. Aus delivered models didn't get DCCD or whatever it is until late in the game.

go Evo better package overall

plus when you buy a wrx, you join the club that is 'wrx owners' - and there are more wankers in wrxs than any other import haha.

#11 maiky-s15R

• Car:99 s15 SPEC R

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:56 PM

^^^^^ true

#12 Agresr_SA

• Car:Evo 9........

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:21 PM

View PostSR20NA, on 19 November 2010 - 10:26 AM, said:

Thanks for the feed back guys. Honestly I want an evo, and then within is stuck as to which model, leaning toward an 8mr. Money isn't an issue, I'm after drivabillity, reliabillity and power. Was just after some other people's opinions to the matter because other wise I would have gotten "just get the one you really want " a apposed to facts

if money isnt issue then get 9.

thread closed

#13 Number 1

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:41 PM

^your input to this topic is invaluable cunt

in other news, im in the same boat, tossin gup wether to finish my s14 or shut up shop n go with an evo 8 or there abouts. money is an issue for me however.

always had a thing for evos, STI's are fun and all but end of the day they seem to break more, and cost more in the long run

cheers

andy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Common Links

• About Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • User Agreement
  • Help & Support Forums
  • Advertise
  •  

By your continued use of this site, you agree to follow all Rules & Guidelines and abide by the User Agreement outlined in our Terms & Conditions.

Hardtuned Network is hosted by Sanity Technology

Design, Site Management & Hotness provided by Loz.

Big thanks to all our members and volunteers for making this network what it is today!